Home / CalTrans
PGSuper Professional Only
This PGSuper configuration is included with PGSuper Professional and implements beam shapes and LRFD settings as per the California Amendments (to the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications - Sixth Edition).
Implemented Girder Shapes
- Bath Tub Girders (all shapes)
- Bulb Tee Girders with Debonded Strands (all shapes)
- I-Girders (all shapes)
- Slab Girders
- Wide Flange Girders (all shapes)
Wide Flange Beams
CalTrans BT Beams
CalTrans Tub Girders
CalTrans Slab Beams
Assumptions and Limitations
- California Amendments (to the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications - Sixth Edition), last updated March 21, 2014
- As per above, project criteria is set to the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 6th Edition, 2012
- Railing load is distributed to 3 nearest girders
- P15 Truck applied in the Strength II limit state
- Amendment Table 220.127.116.11.2-1 (Tensile Stress Limits). The additional spec check requirement in the table for “No tension” for “Precompresssed Tensile Zone Bridges, Assuming Uncracked Sections—components with bonded prestressing tendons or reinforcement, subjected to permanent loads only.” Is implemented in PGSuper.
- Limits for partially debonded strands set per CalTrans amendment 18.104.22.168
- Losses computed using the LRFD Refined Estimate (22.214.171.124)
- Rating criteria has not yet been input. Users needing to perform rating analysis must input parameters manually in order to perform rating analyses. Feedback on recommended rating parameters is appreciated.
- Amendment 126.96.36.199.2e Skewed Bridges not implemented. The LRFD reduction for live load distribution factors is still applied and must be adjusted manually.
- Amendement 188.8.131.52 Effective Flange Width. Effective flange width is computed using AASHTO method. The Caltrans amendment is not applied.
- Checking and automated design for lifting and hauling is disabled.
- Strand slope check is disabled
- Harped strand hold down check is disabled
PGSuper Set Up Instructions
This configuration is included in PGSuper Professional and its use is restricted to licensed users only. PGSuper Professional users can access the configuration as follows:
- Open PGSuper Professional
- Click File | Configure PGSuper
- Select the PGSuper Professional sever
- Select the CalTrans library
- CalTrans Bridge Office Home Page. The CalTrans Bridge Design Manual, standard plan sheets and other useful information are available via links from this page.
- CalTrans LRFD Bridge Design Manual
- CalTrans Design Aid for Precast Prestressed Girders
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications,1998-present
- PCI Bridge Manual, Appendix B, AASHTO/PCI Bridge Products
- April 25, 2011 - Initial Release
- February 23, 2016 - Implemented CalTrans design specifications and added more sections.
- BridgeSight Staff
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.